AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE. WE'RE ON OUR WAY
If you have an accident and can't call for help, OnStar reacts instantly. The second your airbag inflates:
- • Automatic Crash Response opens a direct line to a trained OnStar advisor, who'll talk to you in your chosen language (even if you're abroad) via the hands-free speakerphone.
- • OnStar sends a report to our Service Centre, including your location, travel direction, vehicle colour and the extent of the damage.
- • Emergency services immediately head to the accident scene, if your vehicle report warrants it.
If your vehicle breaks down, OnStar is there, too.
- • If you're in a remote area or can't get a phone signal, press the Service button to talk to an OnStar advisor.
- • Your advisor will take down your problem and send a professional breakdown recovery team to your location.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CALL SERVICE
If a medical emergency affects you or your passengers, OnStar is ready to help.
- • Press the SOS button for a direct line to an OnStar service advisor.
- • If necessary, your advisor will send details of your exact location to the relevant emergency services, who will immediately come to your aid.
SO HOW DOES VAUXHALL ONSTAR WORK?
WI-FI HOTSPOT. YOUR CAR IS ONLINE
Broadband makes life easier and more fun, so use OnStar to create an in-car wi-fi hotspot.
- • Enjoy fast and stable internet access on the move.
- • Smartphones, laptops, tablets and more – your hotspot will support up to seven devices.
- • OnStar's powerful roof antenna reliably connects you to high-speed internet services.
When do I need to fill up? What's my tyre pressure? Where did I park? Use your OnStar smartphone app to:
- • Display key diagnostics (like tyre pressure, fuel and oil levels) anytime, anywhere.
- • Lock and unlock your car doors remotely.
- • Locate your vehicle if you can't remember where you last parked.
- • Once you're close to your car, flash the lights and honk the horn to identify it.
- • Enter your destination address into your smartphone and send it to your car's navigation system.
STOLEN-VEHICLE ASSISTANCE. WE'LL HELP GET IT BACK.
If your car is not where you parked it, OnStar can confirm if it's been stolen – and help you get it back.
- • Once you report the theft to the police, your OnStar advisor can use the crime reference number to start searching for your car.
- • OnStar's GPS technology will confirm your Vauxhall's location.
- • If the thief turns off the engine, OnStar can deactivate the ignition, effectively immobilising your car. The police can then recover it.
VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS. BECAUSE PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
Vehicle diagnostics keep you up-to-date with your car's health of so you can avoid unexpected repairs.
- • If you see a warning light in the dash, press the Service button. Your advisor will assess your car remotely and tell you if you need a mechanic.
- • If you do, we'll send your nearest Vauxhall dealer's address to your navigation system.
- • At your request, OnStar can also send you a monthly email showing your car's oil level, tyre pressure and other data, to help you stay in control.
DESTINATION DOWNLOAD. DIRECTIONS ON DEMAND.
Isn't that museum around here? Where's that great restaurant? Is this the stadium? OnStar is always ready to help when you're in doubt about locations, directions or destinations.
- • Use the Service button to contact your OnStar advisor. They'll pinpoint your destination and send the address to your vehicle´s navigation system.
- • Destination Download saves time and calms nerves – for example, by helping you easily switch destination en route.
YOUR PRIVACY. YOUR CALL
You are always in complete control of what OnStar can and can't do
- • Once you've registered and activated OnStar, you canaccess every OnStar service.
- • To safeguard your security, several services (including Remote Door Lock/Unlock and Stolen Vehicle Assistance) will ask for your PIN.
- • To prevent OnStar from accessing your car's location, press the Privacy button. OnStar will only override this request in an emergency.
- • OnStar will never sell on your information. Your information will only be disclosed to OnStar, its affiliated or associated companies, retailers and companies working on behalf of OnStar ('selected third parties').
THE ONSTAR BUTTONS IN YOUR CAR
To contact OnStar, press one of three buttons:
- • Blue for Service – this button puts you through to an OnStar advisor – and whichever service you need.
- • Red for SOS – this button gets you immediate help in an emergency. It gives you a priority line to an OnStar advisor who will get support to you.
- • Black for Privacy – if you'd prefer not to let us know where you are. This button prevents OnStar from locating your vehicle, except in an emergency (for example, if you have an accident or someone steals your car).
A DIRECT CALL
Whether it's help or information you need, simply call OnStar.
- • A trained advisor will take your call, around the clock.
- • If you've lost your car keys or aren't sure if you locked the doors, the OnStar Service Centre is there to help out.
- • You can call OnStar nearly anywhere in Europe – and we'll answer in your chosen language.
REMOTE CONTROL FOR YOUR CAR
If you forget your smartphone or lock yourself out of your car, just call OnStar Service.
- • Once our advisor has checked your security PIN, they'll locate your car and lock it – or unlock it remotely so you can get in. Problem solved.